Starting on November 1st, we’ll be kicking off the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Hackathon in San Francisco. The three-day event will take place at Silicon Valley, the global mecca of tech startups. We look forward to supporting hackers seeking to #BUIDL the future of decentralized finance.
Matic will be heavily supporting the DeFi Hackathon and present Matic bounty challenges for hackers to get a chance in winning bounty prizes.
DeFi Matic Bounty Tracks
1. Micropayments: Build An App That Showcases Repeated Micropayments On Matic Network ($1000)
This challenge entails building an application that incorporates repeated micropayments on the Matic network. An example of such a project could be an app that donates to content creators on social media platforms, and it could be implemented in the form of a browser extension or widget.
2. Build A Decentralized Exchange (DEX) On Matic ($1000)
Decentralized exchanges are a censorship-resistant means for end-users to taking greater ownership over their crypto assets. They have no central point of failure which make them more impervious to hacks and other security vulnerabilities. This challenge involves building a decentralized exchange as proof-of-concept on the Matic network, and you’ll use Plasma to back asset swaps.
The user should be able to:
- Easily deposit a token onto the Matic network and sign an order.
- Bring up a page that displays all signed orders.
- The DEX should implement order matching logic that matches the orders and executes an atomic asset swap between the two tokens being exchanged.
3. Achieve Faster Exit Times From The Plasma Chain ($1000)
Standard Plasma implementations have a minimum proposed challenge of 7 days. As a result, users that initiate Plasma withdrawals must wait for a week to access their funds. This bounty challenge intends to build a proof-of-concept that enables faster exits from Plasma with Matic chain.
Developers will be generating an exit token in the form of an NFT that represents the assets that are locked up in the Plasma contract.
The users should extend their ideas on either of these objectives:
- Obtain a loan using this NFT as collateral (optional)
- Sell the NFT in the marketplace
- Get creative to sell the NFT somewhere else
4. NFT Marketplace – Facilitate high-volume transfers of virtual collectibles ($1000)
In the rise of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), Matic Network is looking for talented developers to establish a marketplace for NFT exchanges. Utilizing Matic’s Plasma framework & respective sidechains, the marketplace can facilitate high-volume transaction and exchange throughput between players, gaming environments, and platforms.
Users will be using Matic TEST ERC271 token for this bounty which can be found here:
- Access NFT marketplace on Matic chain
- Swap participant’s NFT with available NFTs
5. Open Track bounty ($1000)
Any DeFi related hack working on Matic, which utilizes liquidity from existing protocols on Ethereum.
Let’s Build The Future Of Decentralized Finance!
At this Hackathon, we hope to not only see what can be built using Matic Network’s Layer-2 scalability platform, but also help to kick off the development of a new wave of DeFi projects. Our hope is that this initiative will help to achieve greater performance & security across various projects. Join us in accelerating the mainstream adoption of decentralized finance technology!