Our PoS (Proof-of-Stake) token bridge is now live on the Matic mainnet for deposits and withdrawals from Ethereum to Matic and vice versa. DApps can now use the robust validator-run token bridge to move ERC20, ERC721 and ERC1155 tokens from Ethereum to Matic and from Matic to Ethereum.
Deposits from Ethereum to Matic take ~7-8 minutes to complete and withdrawals take ~30 minutes. This is a vast improvement from the previous deposit & withdrawal mechanism. We have implemented the PoS bridge based on suggestions from our developer community, and this has been implemented with robust Matic chain token contract expressiveness to boot.
If you would like to see a particular token mapped, please feel free to submit a mapping request here: https://docs.matic.network/docs/develop/ethereum-matic/submit-mapping-request
Many additional features will be added to the PoS token bridge in the coming days:
- Mapping of the most popular ERC20, ERC721 and ERC1155 tokens
- UI interface to submit and track token mapping requests
- Adding PoS token bridge to https://wallet.matic.network
- Adding PoS token bridge support to deposit and withdraw UI widgets
- A more efficient withdrawal proof submission mechanism to be added to https://wallet.matic.network and Matic.js
Other changes on the Plasma token bridge and Matic.js in the coming days:
- Fast exit support for withdrawals within ~30 minutes
- More efficient withdraw proof submission mechanism to be added
- Additional helper functions
At Matic we take our community feedback seriously and make sure that we implement features which help developers to build scalable DApps in the best possible manner and create great customer experiences. We look forward to more feedback from the community regarding which new features or tools they would like to see on Matic so that we can prioritize our feature list accordingly.
Supercharge your DApp with Matic Network
If you have a DApp on Ethereum or any other blockchain and would like to benefit from Matic’s high-speed, low-fee infrastructure whilst receiving support to grow your user base, you can connect with our team on Discord here: